From the color of your door to your landscaping, you can create a warm welcoming entryway that will make you excited to walk in the door every day! You'll be smiling and proud to show it off to your friends and neighborhood.
Let's start with your front door. It sets the tone for you and your guests to enter your home. It's the last thing you see when you leave, as well. Allow your doorway to represent the energy and opportunities that you want in your life. Here are five color options to consider to declare your intention:
- Red: Are you a people person? The neighborhood host? Known as a power color, red represents warmth, passion, and inspiration. A red door is attractive from the street so you are visible and bold! Show the world that you are here to connect with your bright red door.
- Black: In Feng Shui, black is associated with wisdom, depth, positivity, and support. It's a great color to declare that you are social and open to deeper friendships and relationships.
- Brown: Earthy, natural tones provide a sense of stability, balance, and nurturing. It represents connection to family and nature and can be a good reminder to you to ground yourself and enjoy the day.
- Yellow: A yellow door is bright and fun, but it also represents stability and grounding. Ready to settle down and stay a while in one place? Maybe a yellow door will remind you to grow roots in this home.
- Green: Looking for new opportunities? Try a green door to set an intention of inviting in new opportunities and being open to expansion and growth.
Landscaping can help you build a space that flows in harmony with the natural world. Let's explore some plants that symbolize what you want to feel when you come home.
- The Peony symbolizes love, prosperity, and beauty and are luxuriously ruffled in lush puffy petals.
- The Chrysanthemum, with its button-like blooms or spindly petals, come in many colors and symbolizes joy, beauty, and contentment.
- You'll need a water feature at your front door for the Lotus, but it's an iconic flower that represents purity, perfection, and peace.
- The sweet smell of Rosemary paired with the ease of care makes Rosemary a lovely addition to your entryway. Rosemary is known for remembrance, faith, love, and clarity. Many cultures believe that it brings positive interactions and energy to the home!
- Another fragrant herb that makes for a simple and fragrant welcome home is sage, which comes in many varieties and is typically very easy to nurture. Sage represents positivity and strength.
What do you want to feel when you come home from a day out? Give yourself the gift of an intentionally warm welcome home while showing off a little bit of your personality and intention. You'll be satisfied knowing that you have created this little piece of heaven at your doorstep and proud to share your efforts with your friends and neighbors. Need a hand tackling this little project? Reach out and I'll be happy to refer you to trusted professionals who can help you out, no matter how big or small your vision!